Tuesday 15 December 2009

Welcome Back

Well, after 5 days and a bit, I am back on my blog to share my experiences I brought back from EtG 'o9 :)

I must say, the 5 days I was gone away was DEFINITELY intense! I'm so glad I managed to write a few things down to re-jolt my memory :) One thing I will take away from this experience is the long chat I had with a LOVELY lady called Sr Bernadette. She was amazing in a sense that she is so peaceful and loving. Well anyway, that talk with her will stay with me for a while because she was able to tell me the type of person I was by just talking to her.

The thinking sister

Another interesting part of the retreat was the trip there and back, mainly the trip back. Being challenged by a friend, you are required to be patient and loving. Quite hard in a sense that you know there are answers BUT you don't have answers yourself. When you give a valid point they don't listen. I don't deny what they are saying, but I see it in a different way. Definitely interesting though :)

One more thing that strikes me as totally AMAZING are definitely the stars at night. I have NEVER EVER EVER seen so many stars in the sky! If you have lived in Perth your WHOLE life or you have always lived in a metropolitan area, I suggest to you to drive at least 3 hours in ANY direction and then look at the sky at night (hopefully there will be no moon) but it's truly lovely! In the period of 30mins, my friend and I managed to see 7 shooting stars, while serenading to each other. Great times when you refuse to go to bed but instead you want to lie on the basketball courts, looking at the stars and singing songs. Greater times when you refuse to go to sleep by serenading 'More Than Words' to the person trying to make you go to sleep :)

Anyway, here a few shots I found in my camera and I really liked :)

Chapel

You WILL receive power

Praise and Worship

Discover your mask

Contemplating

No comments: